About Me

My photo
San Jose, California, United States
Some paintings far surpass my expectations and some are scary awful, but it's always fun.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Travel Journal-the Rialto Market in Venice


I love seeing the outdoor markets. cheese shops, bakeries and even "super mercatos" in Italy. Wandering around the iconic Rialto market in Venice is always a treat. This is my favorite page from the watercolor journal I made of our most recent trip. I have been unhappy with the rough texture of the Arches cold-pressed paper in the books I've been using; medium and fine-tipped pens just don't work on the paper. I bought a new book yesterday that has paper that is heavy enough to stand up to watercolor, but with a much smoother surface, and I will try it out next week on our trip to Colorado. I also bought sepia-toned pens and look forward to trying out my new equipment! I'm not taking any paints along this time-will concentrate on the drawing and add washes, maybe, after I return home. Now that the SCVWS reception and Friday's Art and Chocolate event are over, I can concentrate on painting again. I enjoy being on the board and serving as Hospitality Chairman, but it does take my attention away from making art.

No comments:

Post a Comment