About Me

My photo
San Jose, California, United States
Some paintings far surpass my expectations and some are scary awful, but it's always fun.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Plein Air April 21, 2011



Today we met at SCVWS President Karen Wong's house in Los Altos. She has a lovely garden, as do several of her neighbors, and we all enjoyed painting there. Everyone LOVED her 10 week old puppy, Bones!

Once again I used an Arches 140 lb. block, 9" X 12" and drew with sepia pens before I applied my washes. I went back afterward and added lots more pen. Next time I'm going to try to zero in on a smaller area so I can get more detail. The arbor is not skewed so wildly in reality-I just had drawing issues.

Afterward I went to lunch with Kaaren and her mother, Kay Marinaro. Kay isn't a plein air girl, but we're trying to get her to give it a try! We had a great visit.

1 comment: