About Me

My photo
San Jose, California, United States
Some paintings far surpass my expectations and some are scary awful, but it's always fun.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yosemite Trip-Half Dome

We were in Yosemite National Park with friends for 5 days earlier in the month-a good time to go before the hordes of people show up. Also the very wet and snowy winter has made the Merced River and the waterfalls just spectacular. I did quite a bit of drawing and painting-here are a few pages from my sketchbook. My Blog has gone crazy so I have to enter each picture on a separate post.
I used a 10" x 7" spiral-bound Daler-Rowney Cachet book with Faber-Castell Pitt pens and watercolor washes. This paper is much friendlier to the pens than Arches cold-pressed watercolor paper. It's about 110 lb. paper and can take a lot of water without warping.
This is Half Dome and I used a sepia fine-point pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment