About Me

My photo
San Jose, California, United States
Some paintings far surpass my expectations and some are scary awful, but it's always fun.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Plein air last Thursday


I went out to Overfelt Gardens in East San Jose with the SCVWS on Thursday. There were 8 of us this time around. There's a lovely Chinese Cultural Garden with a huge gate, a pagoda and several smaller gazebos in the area. The trees haven't begun to leaf out yet, but the purple leaf plums are in bloom. I forgot my pencils in the car and didn't want to walk back and get them so I just started putting paint on the paper. It isn't my best effort, but it's always fun to get out with the group.

2 comments:

  1. Those back ground trees are terrific, they look like they are ghosting back there. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the freshness of this painting very much, Janice. Nothing to apologize for here!

    Also, I had much catching up to do on your blog. The Dale Latinen workshop produced some really fine pieces. I am very taken with your "C" painting. There is an abstract quality to the work that I really like.

    ReplyDelete